Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Carving the Stone: When the Time Comes the Time Comes (Part 1 of Forever)

A year ago today the most beautiful person I've ever met flew out of my life yet I wasn't sad. I was hopeful. I knew that even though she was gone I would see her again. At the time I didn't know when or how, but I knew there was some strange cosmic connection between us that I couldn't ignore. 

The year to follow was a roller coaster of love, loss, and life changes. 

We spent the next couple of months emailing, then Facebooking, then Skyping every day, sometimes up to four hours at a time. We talked and opened up to each other, yet we never felt bored or uninterested in anything we had to say. It was like reaching to shake someone's hand and stepping into them. At times we would Skype, and I would leave the room only to hear her from the computer in the other room. It felt like she was just in the other room, even though she was half a world away. Later on, with the help of Viber we were able to talk on the phone together. 

I remember the first time we did. We had Skyped numerous times, and one would think that video and audio would trump just audio any day. However, the clarity of our voices through the audio dedicated communication shocked us both. It felt as if we were laying right next to each other once again. After hours and hours of talking previously the first time we heard each other talk via Viber we were speechless. It was as if we could hear each others' hearts opening up, and words weren't needed. There was literally large gaps of silence with tears. Every time she spoke my heart swelled to bursting. We spent that first conversation in silence, and basking in the delight that we existed in this crazy world that allowed us to explore our connection even though we were 7,000 km apart. 

My heart has yet to connect with another living being as wholly, intensely, honestly, and purely as it has with her. I'm not ashamed of that or afraid that I never will connect with another person, even though it hasn't happened yet. 

That summer was filled with work, friends, art, and her. It was an amazing summer. One of the craziest I've had in quite a long time. A summer filled with drinks, dancing, boating, balconies, pillow forts, dreams, sunrises, love, and goodbyes. In the end the universe heard my desire to meet her again, and through a strange happenstance I found myself with the cash and the time to visit.... So I did. 


As always there is more to come...


For quite some time now I feel like I've been bursting with stories from my life that I'm aching to share with the world. However, I have felt silenced by something; maybe myself or something else. Well not anymore! I'm going to break that silence by shouting into the abyss of the internet. Carving the Stone will be this out pour of braindroppings. Some tragic, some ridiculous, and some too insane to believe, but all beautiful. These stories aren't polished, edited, or refined in anyway. (Trust me. It'll show.) I'll simply open up my head, and pour them out through my fingertips for all the world to see. I want to develop my writing skills, and I feel the best way to do that is to just start writing. 

Eventually I'll collect these and develop, edit, and transform them into something finer. However, for the time being I'll share my raw thoughts and emotions here. It'll no doubt be clumsy and foolish all the while gently disguising something amazing; kind of like the first time you had sex. So please pardon my blandness as I fall back into writing. These are all stories that have helped shape who I am today. They will no doubt grow and in turn, by sharing them, will shape me once again. Hold on to your butts. Here we go!  
~3

No comments:

Post a Comment