Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Friends Forever


So, as I mentioned previously I have spent the past two days conceiving, creating, and finishing a couple of projects for my amazing friends Brandon and Liz who recently moved to St. Louis. Treat 'em well, Louie!

For the Liz, who has the patience of a saint, I took a record and painted it. Then with a paint pen I transcribed the track list for a mix I made years ago that she had, but lost. I wanted to give this piece a personal touch from me so I opted to use my more often than not sloppy handwriting. Then I painted a record cover as the background and framed it all.


For the Brandon, I painted him a portrait of a cartoon version of him with acrylic and paint pen on a 16" x 20" canvas. I wanted to provide him, not only with some fun personal art, but something that he could use to market his stand up if needed. Find out more about Brandon Judd and his comedic stylings at http://www.juddgment.com.


Thanks for being awesome you two. I wish you great luck & fuck in St. Louis. I can't wait to see you again.

~3

No comments:

Post a Comment