Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Life Keeps Going and So Do I

So as I mentioned earlier things have been kind of rough lately. 2013 hasn't particularly been the best year for me. I pretty much lost everything, and am slowly working my way back up one step at a time. The past few months has been a slow progression of one step forward and three steps back. There have been lots of downfalls, and at times I've felt like giving up. Hell, at times I have, and slept in... late. However, I won't get anywhere doing that, and I'm here to prove the point that no matter what happens to you you'll still be standing afterwards. I've been on one might call a sabbatical. I've been getting back in touch with old friends and making new ones. Work has been sporadic at best, but I still manage to get by. I've got a couple of new jobs lined up, and before I know it I'll be back in Chicago to finish what I started years ago. However, until then I'll be working and living it up in Springfield. Here's a quick recap of the past few days...

How can I sum up the last few days? I don't know, but I'll try. *big INHALE* Jetskis & boats. Upperdeck drinking at the Alamo. Dancing on the stage at Catch-22. Late night downtown wandering while my parked car took a hit & run. Anxiety here and there leading to mild GI problems. Missed work. Stayed up until 6:30am to watch the sunrise through the clouds with 4 amazing friends. Then we constructed a two room multi-tier pillow & sheet fort complete with a light that we all fell asleep under. All day lakeside drinking & grilling with a large group of amazing friends for my birthday. Pissing into the lake at night while staring down a nigh-Supermoon. Dancing asses off at Station House. Late night rendezvous with a super secret chocolaty cream-filled spy. Frisbee time in 90 degree weather with an ultra-creative angel on Earth. Missed work. Bike ride to Lincoln's nose in the rain. Turned in apps. Turned in apps. Bird pooped in my car. Start a new job on Thursday. Interview tomorrow. Was told to expect calls from two other restaurants as well. So, this is 31.


No comments:

Post a Comment