Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Breaking It Out

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle states that the more precisely the position of some particle is determined, the less precisely its momentum can be known, and vice versa. It is also commonly confused with the observer effect stating that the measurements of certain systems cannot be determined without affecting those systems. Both of these ideas perfectly compliment Breaking Bad, and the fact that Walt chose Heisenberg as his alter ego is perfect for the closer we observed his actions and motives for said actions the more out of control he became, and predicting what would happen became uncertain.

This is a commission piece I did for my friend #JustinJohnson. He's the biggest Breaking Bad fan I know, and asked me to paint something for his new place. I told him I was working on a Breaking Bad piece attempting to express a visual representation of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle with Walt as the focus. I wanted to showcase all the wonderful colors used throughout the series while at the same time encapsulating the violent downward spiral of Walter White.

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is acrylic on canvas. Dimensions coming soon. (2013)

View pictures of the progression of the piece here.


~ 3

No comments:

Post a Comment