Sunday, February 2, 2014

Seeking A Helping Hand

So, here's my situation at the moment. I'm in the states, and I'm going to school for graphic arts. I recently had the great fortune to visit Germany, and stay with the most amazing woman I've ever met, and meet some amazing new friends. Even though things don't always go as planned I want to go back, but I do admit I'm a bit at a loss. 

"Why Germany?", you may ask. Well, other than the breath-taking views, rich culture, fantastic food, great beer, fantastic people, I have ancestry there. I'm also aching in my heart to get out of the states, and see all that the world has to offer. I want to take in everything I can, and put it out into my art while at the same time helping anyone I can with the skills and know-how that I have. I want to walk where I came from, and then see where the world takes me. 

I'm in talks with the head of the school's graphic arts program that is also head of the study abroad program about how to find work in Germany after I graduate. It's been a rough couple of months since my return, but I'm rising above it and trudging through with hard work and perseverance. My plan is to freshen up my work from every quarter in school, and develop a presentable working portfolio to offer companies in Germany, and start applying for jobs while I'm in school in hopes of securing a position upon graduation in February 2015. If anyone knows of any companies that would be interested in a native English speaking, German learning graphic artist, or any position please contact me so that I may start presenting myself to them. Any and all help would be much appreciated, and I would be forever grateful for your kindness. Have a great super bowl Sunday, folks!


~3

No comments:

Post a Comment