Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ain't No Job Like A Snow Job

So, we had another heavy snowfall last night in the ol' Midwest of the U.S. of A. We got an estimated six inches of snow. ;) Mother Nature keeps giving it to us! I swear she's just trying to keep me from going to the zoo so I don't complete my final for Animal Behavior. Maybe she just doesn't want me to see the red wolves there. Anyway, I woke up early this morning due to the fact that I haven't been sleeping well lately, and with a heavy head full of the knowledge that I was going to be in front of the computer all day finishing up a brochure and a documentary for school I decided wanted to do a lil' sumpin' sumpin' fun for me. 

During my morning Facebook scroll over coffee I found a fantastically appropriate Photoshop tutorial about changing a sunny sky into a snowy one. So, after scouring through past photos of the perfect sunny day, and consequently photo dumping a load of fun photos of friends online, I hopped on that tutorial like a sexy lil' snowbunny in fresh powder.

And.... here are the results....


Michael enjoying a Corona on a sunny summer lake day

Michael half in Tibet and half on the lake 

Michael enjoying a frosty beverage on a snowy day in Tibet

I had a great time doing this tutorial, and I'll no doubt do more later. I also learned some quick tips & tricks about working with layers. 

For anyone interested in doing it yourself here is the free tutorial I used. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment