Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Superexposed Superheroes

So, for my photography final last quarter I had planned on shooting a series with people in front of graffiti-laden walls. I was going to create movement in horizontal panoramas by moving my camera down the alley and capturing long exposure shots of my subjects moving, and short exposure shots of my subjects standing still as they progress through the panorama. The idea was to create an image that looked as if the person was moving really fast as they graffiti'd the wall. 

However, due to scheduling conflicts and technical difficulties, but mainly the scheduling, I wasn't able to to get the shots done. So, instead I had to improvise the night before. With the help of my lovely assistant, Sarina, I was able to recreate this process. Even though it wasn't with the best tools and certainly not under the best circumstances I did what I could do with what I had in the time that I had. 

These are my results. I'm making a conscience effort to share all of my work with everyone. All I really want to do is work creatively and share it with you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and everyone! 

So, without further ado here's my Superexposed Superheroes (even though one of them is a villian). 


 Here are the originals. There was a lot of manual stitching and melding in photoshop. All of the blurs are from the long exposure. I just had to blend them into the photos. I wish I had a picture of the setup we used. It was a janky tripod that we attempted to attach the figures to, but they kept falling and moving. Then we set up a couple of light sources, one was a flashlight on a ladder and the other was Sarina standing somewhere with a flashlight while moving the tripod because it wouldn't always stay secure. To reiterate, it was janky. Then the background was a few pieces of paper that I printed a brick background onto. Ha! 

The variants involve Photoshop'd logos into the backgrounds. 


Anyway, I digress, please enjoy my silly and laborious work. 


As always, click to embiggen.


The Originals 

Captain America
Colossus
Venom

 Logo Variants 

Captain America
Colossus
Venom

As always there is more to come...
~3

No comments:

Post a Comment