Saturday, October 31, 2015

Feel The Burn!

The final Showtime Saturday installment and final installment of the Horror Movie October graphic design calendar card series is the timeless classic of a man not asked to be born, but forced to live in a world that won't accept him, Frankenstein


"Frankenstein"
The best Halloween film ever made? Quite possibly. Such a timeless story. 

With this piece I wanted to show a solemn contemplative "monster" amidst the whirlwind of his short-lived life. I used the yellow lines to indicate his spark of life and the progressive white line to determine his lifeline, from fractured to progressive until he is beset upon disaster with the little girl that he attempts to connect with. I used the red shapes to indicate, not only his fiery demise, but the rough claustrophobic life that he could never "adjust" to. I also threw in the burning windmill over his face for a little foreshadowing and force contemplation of death upon the "monster."

Check out the trailer, and then hunt down the film. 




I had a blast doing this series, and I hope you enjoyed it as well. 


It was a personal exercise to improve my graphic design skills, stimulate creativity within boundaries, and a daily project to do to keep the depression away. 

As always there is more to come...
~3


No comments:

Post a Comment