Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cinematic Sickness

Ever since I helped my friend pack up and move on Tuesday I've been sick. I woke up sick on Wednesday and I've just powered through it with meds in order to get everything done that needs to be done, i.e. packing and projects. However, yesterday my body just couldn't do it anymore and the sickness decided I need to stop moving. Therefore I spent yesterday plopped on the couch in front of a humidifier, and heavily medicated with a Vick's mustache. So, I spent that time watching some movies. Now I'm going to talk about one because I can, and I think it's good to spread the word of things that interest you and keep them alive. So, I'm going to start talking about the large vast library available on Netflix streaming that never seems to appear on any of the browsing categories. Here we go. Hold on to your butts. 
The I Inside (2004) dir. Roland Suso Richter

The I Inside is a time-bending murder mystery. What does that mean? Well, it's like Memento. If you liked Memento, and want to see something similar, but not exactly the same then The I Inside is for you. Ryan Phillipe plays the confused and angry Simon Cable who just woke up in a hospital from an undisclosed accident, and here's the kicker, he's lost the past two years of his life... or has he? As we roll on it seems that just as easily as you and I open doors Simon slips back and forth between "present" and "past", a two year gap, in which he may or may not be able to affect one by changing the other. The big question is why? Why does he want to change it? Why is he there? Why doesn't he just give up and eat a pizza sammich? I suppose the stress from jumping between realities so suddenly could lead me to stab a guy uncontrollably, but don't you think you'd stop after the first couple of stabs? I would, but then again I may be squimish. I'm not sure. I've never stabbed a guy as far as you know. 

Anyway, on a scale of putting my dick in a cake to dipping my balls in hot grease I'd say that I'd rather motorboat a pizza than watch this movie, but if I could do both at the same time then I'd be happy which makes this move good in my book. 

I enjoyed it, and I hope you do too. 


~3

No comments:

Post a Comment