Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Gonzo from the Future....ism

For one of my Design History assignments we had to design a Futurism-inspired poster for our lesson on Filippo Tommaso Marinetti's Futurism movement using a quote. During this assignment, this week actually, I've been processing a lot of visual styles, and learning a lot about my style as well.

Expressionism is where my core is, but it's gated by Graphic Design. I like meshing the random, organic, and at times, chaotic, Expressionism with design elements from Art Nouveau and anything from Modern Design (Constructivism, De Stijl, Bauhaus, Plakastil).

As soon as I get some free time I feel my next personal project is going to be something amazing. There's a strange passion bubbling inside of me, and it's just waiting to attack a canvas.

However, here's the Design History assignment.

We had to create it in Adobe Illustrator.

The quote I used is from Hunter S. Thompson.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the people that have gone over.
~ Hunter S. Thompson



As always there is more to come...
~3

No comments:

Post a Comment